Here is a small tutorial about how to connect 3 BT-S2 devices in intercom mode. It can be used for 3 riders, but I’ll use it for 2 riders and a passenger. If you intend the same the first 9 steps are sufficient for you.
- Make sure all 3 devices are turned off
- Make sure any phone paired with any of the 3 intercoms has Bluetooth off.
- Open device A an B in pairing mode by pressing the power until the LED turns RED, that happens after ~10seconds.
- Press once the power button on device A and you’ll hear the sound generated when a connection is established. The LED on both device will be blinking BLUE.
- Go in standby mode by pressing the power button once (on any of device A or B)
- Turn off device B by pressing the power button for at least 5 seconds and make sure the BLUE LED is off on device B
- turn on device C in pairing mode (remember the 10 seconds ) and check that the LED on device C is RED.
- Press the power button once on device A or C to initiate the connection and you’ll hear the sound for connection established. Both devices will blink BLUE LED
- At this point you have paired device A with both devices B and C.
You only need to power on device B (press only 3-5 seconds so you just power it and not go into pairing mode).
So, if all you need is to be able to communicate with B or C stop here. Press power once to go in stand-by and then press once for device C or twice for device B. While in stand-by (you’re not able to communicate with any, B or C, but you can connect with phone or GPS) either B or C can start a connection with A by pressing once the power button. If you have a connection active with B, it means C is in standby, and if power button is pressed on device C, A will hear a ringing a sound to be informed that C wants to speak. To speak with C, A has to go in standby mode (press once power button) and the connect with C ( press once power button)
- Next step is to pair B with C. At this moment A and C are on while B is off.
- Go into standby mode by pressing power button once on A or C.
- Turn off device A. Device C should be still on with BLUE blinking LED.
- Turn on device B in pairing mode (10 second on power button) – RED blinking LED
- Start connection by pressing power button once on B or C. You should hear the sound for connection established. So B and C are paired also now.
- Go into standby mode by pressing power button once on B or C.
- Turn on device A (power button for 3-5 seconds)
- Now all 3 devices are paired.
- Remember that you have to go in standby first, if you want to switch the connection to the other device.
- Play around to see what happens for one push or two pushes of the power button for each person.
- In standby mode, every device can be connected to a phone by Bluetooth, so you can have something to listen to while the other two are talking
OK. Let me know if that worked for you and please ask if you need more details.