I made a summary of the things I am considering to bring with me in the Europe trip. I split them in four categories for camping, clothes, medicine and gadgets.
- Tent (Marmot Traillight 2P)
- Sleeping bags (Pinguin Lite Blanket extreme – 0°C, comfort 10°C ). I chose something in rectangular shape , also able to be zipped together as one, so in case of colder nights we can cover with both , and we have the extra layer of air between them, or we can fit the alu foil for heat reflection.
- sleeping Pads Thermarest Prolite Plus (R3.4 for me and R4.2 for her)
- emergency alu foil (which could be sandwiched between the two sleeping bags)
- 2 Lanterns , one should be a head-light
- Pinguin Hiker plus a 250g and a 450g Travel gas tank. Don’t forget matches or a lighter.
- Pinguin Solo Alu set + Alb Forming 4 piece set of dishes.
- Knife (Fiskars K40 and an Opinel 9mm)
- Set of travel cutlery (fork ans spoon)
- Small sponge(cut from bigger one) and a small container of dish washing soap.
- small kitchen towel – for placing foods when you eat
- Microfiber towels for showers and sea (Decathlon Nabaiji XL)
- the bag with toilet stuff (Soap, Shampoo, tooth paste and brush, shaving gel, nail clipper, ear cotton buds, etc )
Clothes. For 3-5 days should be enough. after that you have to wash some anyway
- 4 x Synthetic T-shirts for me (dries faster in hot days, easier to wash, better than cotton in summer)
- I might take a cotton t-shirts for sleeping.
- 2x shorts (at least one can be used for the sea)
- 1x fleece for colder days
- 5x long socks, cause I wear boots and don’t like the feeling on the skin. and 2 or 3 pairs of short socks for walking
- 4-5 pairs of underwear (I have a pair of boxers Fastway Coolmax which I like and at least one pair of slips)
- 1x pair of flipflops for showers and walking in camps
- 1x pair of snickers (something lightweight)
- Rain Gear (Pants and Jacket) I prefer my riding jacket dry, even if it has a water resistant membrane
- hat (for walking in sunny days. Sunstroke is to be avoided as possible)
- travel medical First Aid kit
- anti-inflammatory spray which also has an effect as local anesthetic (also contains some antibiotics and can be used from bees stings to open wounds) (Oximed)
- Pills for stomach (Imodium)
- Painkillers (ibuprofen)
- Pills for fever and pain (Paracetamol)
Gadgets. Electronics mostly
- wall charger (3 ports)+ phone charger with Quickcharge
- 12V charger and spare (I use one with 2 ports and with quickcharge ) The charger for goPro is under the fairing, 2x1Ah outputs – one for the front camer and one for the remote controller
- GoPro Cameras
- battery charger for goPro(aftermarket with 2 slots and 2 extra batteries included)
- powerbanks 10Ah + 6Ah
- bluetooth headset BT-S2
- bluetooth receiver for phone (some chinese BT audio receiver with 200mAh battery that I connected to one of the earphones in my helmet to always hear the GPS. The BT-S2 is untouched but one of the earphones is less audible because the GPS one covers it)
- cables (micro-usb, USB type C, mini USB for goPro 3 , OTG cables to transfer videos to phone for editing)
- micro-sd cards with spare
- tripod for phone
- goPro selfie Stick
- ID cards and/or Passport (we’ll have both, and use the passports in general)
- Insurance of vehicle
- Vehicle registration papers
- Travel insurance
- Breakdown assistance (I use A24)
! keep every paper as dry as possible – use plastic zipper bags.